This event runs Friday through Sunday, and is an 8 round, 256 player competitive event. Scores will be submitted to ITC.
- Check-In, 9:00 AM
- Round 1 – 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Round 2 – 1:30 PM – 4:00 PM
- Round 3 – 4:15 PM – 6:45 PM
- Round 4 – 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Round 5 – 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- Round 6 – 3:15 PM – 5:45 PM
- Round 7 – 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Round 8 – 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM
- Awards – 4:15 PM – 5:15 PM
The terrain for this event has been hand crafted and is an aesthetically pleasing table design, but also maintaining a fair and balanced table layout. We will have 5-6 different table layouts, each with a unique theme that will be evenly balanced and promote well rounded armies, as well as a chance for most army compositions to succeed at some level. All early questions for our FAQ are highly encouraged as they will help us create a robust FAQ that will alleviate players needing to call a judge and one of the players ending up in a gotcha moment.
Painting/Proxy: In addition to the standard painting restriction listed for all events at the Dallas Open, we at the 40k GT will require the following.
- All models are fully painted with at least 3 different true colors – this means no dotting, no spray 3 colors randomly, etc… All models will be painted to look like they should using at least 3 colors, if you’re unsure if your army doesn’t make this requirement it probably doesn’t, but if its an odd model that really doesn’t need 3 colors contact us to discuss it.
- Bases – all bases need to have something more than the model on them, and your brush strokes from painting the model do not count. a basing material, a texture, something to with that effect. For size of base, we expect players to put models on the bases that they CURRENTLY are sold with, the major two examples of things that you should start re-basing are Bikes and Ork Boyz, If you go the route of base extenders and its clear you are using older models an exception will be made that the extension part does not need to have basing material. Your painting and overall score will be affected, however.
- Proxy – Proxies will be accepted or denied on a case by case basis, as it is difficult to set any stone laws for this just remember your proxy is more likely to be accepted if its A: roughly the same size B: has similar armaments modeled C: fits the theme of Warhammer 40k and your army. If you have any proxies be sure to let us know, even if you’ve brought it to other events for years. Proxy approval will be denoted on your name-tag so that players will know whether or not your odd models were cleared with the TOs.
In closing, we here at the Dallas Open thank you for thinking of making us one of the events you decide to attend in 2021. If you have any questions that were not covered, once again, feel free to contact us, we would love for you to come and help make the Dallas Open one of the biggest and the best events of the year!