Warhammer 40K Championship
Armies will consist of 2000 points or less, and must be constructed in accordance with the relevant rules in the
9th edition Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, Chapter Approved, and any relevant FAQs, Errata, or Other Materials
• Players MUST use the same army list throughout the tournament.
o NOTE: Pre-Game Options such as Warlord, Warlord Trait, Pre-Game Command Point Expenditures,
Relic(s), Psychic Powers, and similar are fixed, must be included in your army list
• Each player must bring a Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, the most currently published rules for all units
represented in their army and all materials needed to play a game/report the results – including dice, measuring
devices, and a writing implement.
• The models used in your army MUST be WYSIWYG and 3-colors.
• You MUST have rules available for every unit in your army. In the case that a ruling is required, and you are not able to provide the most current the rules for a particular unit, the unit in question will be removed from all
future play. Note: Rules challenges cannot be made, or defended, with material presented on a Cell Phone.
• Dallas Open Tournament Judges’ rulings are final and arguments or poor conduct by players will not be tolerated. Dallas Open reserves the right to remove players from the event or Dallas Open itself with no refunds
• To keep the tournament running on schedule, several warnings will be issued as time runs out. Players should
continue to start new game/player turns until the final five (5) minute warning (2 hours and 40 minutes into the game). After the five (5) minute warning has been announced, NO additional game turns shall be started – there will be no exceptions! If the current game turn has not been completed when 2 hours and 45 minutes have expired, the game will be afforded a grace period to finish out the current game turn. This grace period will extend into the break periods and should be reconciled as quickly as possible. The judges reserve the right to end any game that is taking too long to resolve.
Star Wars: Legion Championship
- This event will utilize the Star Wars: Legion Rules from Atomic Mass Games and the Rules Clarifications.
• Armies MUST consist of 800 points or less.
• Players will play 6 Swiss-paired rounds
- Each round will be 2.5 hours with 15 minutes of prep and 15 minutes of wrap-up following time being called, with a hard dicedown call resulting in immediate scoring at that time.
• Registered players will be encouraged to create an account on Tabletop.to (TTO). Once your account has
been created, please email the TO at DallasOpenGT@gmail.com so your profile can be linked with our event.
• The models used in your army must meet the standard 3-colors paint rule).
• Dallas Open Tournament Judges’ and Officers’ rulings are final and arguments or poor conduct by players will not be tolerated. Dallas Open reserves the right to remove players from the event or Dallas Open itself with no refunds allowed.
• Players should have all materials needed to play Legion. This includes tokens, models. (Unit cards and upgrades are exempt, but exhaust/limited abilities must be clearly denoted to your opponent and observers). Players who fail to meet this requirement may be disqualified. (This includes a Silhouette!)
• Players MUST BRING AT LEAST 3 printed copies of their list. One for themselves, one for their opponents, and one for the T.O. One copy of your list MUST include battle card and command hand details. Tabletop
Admiral and Legion HQ 2.0 are the preferred list builders.
• Lists must be uploaded to the Tabletop.to event page NO LATER THAN April 22nd at 2359 PST. Lists should be submitted in a Tabletop Admiral and Legion HQ 2.0 URL format for data collection purposes (Example
Link). This must include Battle Cards and Command Hand.
• Players who fail to meet this requirement will receive a Hard Warning (defined in the FFG Event Floor Rules). Please do not bring a handwritten list.
• We are using Tabletop.to for the event. Once you have registered for any of the Legion events, please go to the event page and “Sign up” for the event. We will double check your entry against ticketing, and then
approve you once it’s been verified. This will allow you to submit your list on time.
Warhammer 40K Narrative
Age of Sigmar Casual
- Each player’s army will be a Battlehost force, a 2000 point list, using the rules and restrictions provided in the Pitched Battle section from the 2021 General’s Handbook.
- Any Rules or Battletomes, out more than five days before list submission will be usable at this event. FAQs are in effect if they are out the day before the event, except for point changes.
- Any kind of ability you can choose before the game must be chosen before the event and recorded on your army roster clearly. These choices are made for the entire tournament, and cannot be changed during the event.
- Any models in the Legends category will not be allowed at this event.
- Models must be on round bases, please use the base size suggestions provided by GW in the CORE RULES & BASE SIZES. Base sizes can give you an undue advantage in gameplay, so please use the suggested bases.
- Each player must bring two (2) copies of their army lists to the event. These army lists should be printed and not handwritten, sometimes tech goes bad. You must also have a set of all the units stats and rules you are using for you and your opponents to refer to during the game.
- Your army must be fully painted and based to a 3-color pulse standard. Models that do not reach this level will be pulled from the table as a casualty. Gee the GHB 2021 for standards.
- All models must be WYSIWYG, Hammers are hammers, Swords are swords etc. Any kind of proxy models will not be ok, but reasonable ‘counts as’ models or conversions may be. (Please email the TO pictures of the model and what it is supposed to be.)
- Other useful items would include dice, a tape measure, pen or pencil, and any counters you need for remembering stuff. Also glue and tools for repairs would be nice.
An army painting Rubric will be used to grade your army. The rubric must be filled out and placed next to your army on Friday if you want it judged. The front of the form is for you to fill out, the back is ours. Armies that hit a certain score will be set aside on Saturday for a final judging.
Middle Earth Championship
2022 Narrative Event Rules
List Building Rules
- All standard list builds follow the
Battle-forged rules, and must consist of a single Battalion Detachment. The
Battalion Detachment may have all slots filled. Each game will be between 75
and 100 Power Level and Players may choose Units from the Battalion Detachment
up to the Power Level for the game and tailor their forces to achieve mission
- All of the units in each Detachment in your
Battle-forged army must have at least one Faction keyword in common. In
addition, this keyword cannot be: Chaos, Imperium, Aeldari, Ynnari, or
Tyranids, unless the Detachment in question is a Fortification Network. This
has no effect on your army Faction.
- There will be 2 games on Saturday and 2 games
- In general, our scenarios are from Matched
Play sources. There may be some items from Narrative Play, and other Chapter
Approved Sources, but any rules adjustments will be cited before each game.
- Stratagems from the main Rulebook, and your
specific Codex, are always allowed. There may be additional Stratagems
available on a mission-by-mission basis, but as with any other rules
adjustments, they will be cited before each game.
- Command Points are determined as usual based
on the total for Battle-forged, Battalion Detachment, etc.
- Various specific battlefield terrain rules may
be in play, depending on the terrain your battle takes place on. Scenarios may
have the following terrain types: